with Julia Rome
Children’s Creative Yoga class includes yoga, yoga ball, nature movement, and dance. The students will have fun while getting fit. Yoga and fun movement are ideal activities for children to learn how to keep their body fit for life. Parents are welcome to take the class with their child.
Why Yoga for Children?
- Yoga is an ideal way for children to learn how to keep their body fit for life. It is best to learn yoga when young!
- Yoga is stretching, as a child’s body naturally wants to do. Children come into the world as natural yogis. Their joints are pliable and their muscles are flexible. Yoga gives children the opportunity to explore their natural flexibility and encourages them to stay flexible.
- Our society is becoming more and more sedentary, making it difficult for some children to get the exercise they need. Yoga is a great way for children to become stronger and healthier through natural and functional physical movement using their own body weight.
- Today, with the fast pace of life, family schedules, lots of activities, and the pressures of competition, children are under a lot of stress. Yoga counteracts that stress and gives children tools to cope.
- All children can do yoga because they work at their own level.
- Yoga can be done without any equipment.
- In yoga, there is no competition. Everyone can be successful!
- Children love to do yoga because they can do it so easily and it’s so much fun.
Some of the benefits of yoga for children
- Improve their strength, flexibility, coordination, and posture
- Learn to relax and concentrate (great for testing and stressful times)
- Learn how to be quiet and still using a breathing technique
- Have better self esteem and self respect
- Have a better understanding of how the body works and a better understanding of how to care for one’s body
- Express their creativity and use their imagination